Terms and Conditions of Bognor Write Club’s Short Story Competition 2019
Bognor Regis Write Club (https://bognorwriteclub.com/ ) is proud to announce its first short story competition in conjunction with Zoom Internet. The top 20-25 winning entries will be published in a new anthology in the Summer of 2019 by Aldwick Publishing, and will be launched at an event where our winning writers will be presented with their prizes and they and their friends and families will have the chance to purchase copies of the anthology.
To download a printable copy of the rules, please click here:
Prize money will be awarded as follows:
1st Prize: £100.00 + free copy of the anthology, + invitation to join Bognor Regis Write Club, without paying joining fee (currently worth £10)
2nd Prize: £50.00 + free copy of the anthology, + invitation to join Bognor Regis Write Club, without paying joining fee (currently worth £10)
3rd Prize: £25 + free copy of the anthology, + invitation to join Bognor Regis Write Club, without paying joining fee (currently worth £10)
4th to 20th Prizes: free copy of the anthology.
SUBMISSION OF ENTRY IMPLIES ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THE RULES
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION
- The competition is open to any living writer resident in the Bognor Regis area, whose private address has the following postcodes as part of its address:
PO9, PO10, PO11, PO18, PO19, PO20, PO21 and PO22, BN16, BN17 and BN18.
- Latest date for submission is 31st March 2019
- Maximum word count is 3000.
- Each page should be numbered.
- All text must be 12 point, Times New Roman, single spacing.
- Entry is free.
- Entries must be in English
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age on 31st March 2019.
- Entries submitted posthumously will not be eligible.
- Stories are to be submitted by email only to email@example.com. All entries will be confirmed within 72 hours by a return email message.
- Absolutely no identification of author on the page or in the document properties (stories not meeting this rule will be disqualified).
- Please include in the body of your email: Your full name, full address, preferred email for correspondence, and phone number. Please also confirm you are over 18 and state how you heard about the competition.
- The filename of online entries must be the title of the entry and it must be a .doc or .docx only.
- Stories can be on any theme or topic.
- There is no alternative to the prizes as stated above.
- Winners of a free copy of the anthology must collect in person or pay for postage in advance of receipt.
- Stories should not be liable to grossly offend; judges will give consideration as to whether the entry is appropriate for publication in the anthology.
- Bognor Regis Write Club reserves the right to reject any submissions.
- Only one submission per entrant.
- By entering the competition and providing your details, you are consenting to us contacting you by email, post or phone about the 2019 competition and related events. We may do so to give more information, update you on shortlisted entries, to let you know if your entry is in the top 25, to invite you to the Summer awards ceremony or to let you know of our future competitions.
- We will not share the contact details of entrants with any other organisation without the consent of the entrant.
- Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and by submitting you are confirming that the work is your own. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification.
- Entries must never have been published, self-published, published on any website, blog or online forum, or broadcast.
- Your entry will be eligible if it has been longlisted or shortlisted in other competitions, provided it has not been published.
- Simultaneous submissions to other competitions are not allowed and will become ineligible should they win a prize or be published prior to the prizegiving date. You may be liable for any costs incurred by Bognor Regis Write Club if your work wins elsewhere and prevents publication of the Bognor Regis Write Club Anthology.
- Amendments cannot be made to entries after they have been submitted, nor substitutions made.
- Should you wish to withdraw your submission, you must contact us by email and receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org only up to 31st March 2019. After that date, publication costs will have been incurred by Bognor Regis Write Club, to which you may become liable if agreement cannot be reached on inclusion of your work in the Anthology.
- The judges’ decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into.
- Judges will not comment on individual entries.
- By entering the competition, entrants agree to their work being published in the 2019 Bognor Regis Write Club Anthology 2019, should their entry be amongst the top 25
- No royalties will be paid to entrants for any work published in the anthology.
- Please note that although shortlisted authors will be invited to the awards ceremony, the competition organisers will not and cannot pay travel fees to attend the event.
- Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author, but Bognor Regis Write Club will have the unrestricted right to publish the top 25 stories, as decided by the judges, in the annual anthology and any relevant promotional material.
Please note that any adverts on this page are nothing to do with Bognor Regis Write Club but are inserted there by WordPress, without our prior notice.